Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My First Attempts at Editing

Just a note before I continue: all of the levels I will be showing on this blog were designed in a freeware utility called JED, which is available for download at both The Massassi Temple and The JK Editing Hub. The program has a steep learning curve, but it is quite powerful once you get the hang of it.

These are some shots from the first "real" level I actually attempted (way back in spring of 2003), a single-player series called Brotherhood of Maw. I had originally planned a trilogy, but I never even got half-way through the first level. Typical of ambitious projects.



Looking back, it's just as well I stopped, because I would've been
wasting my time - the level was terrible, and I had a long way to go before I was capable of something worthy of releasing.

No comments: